Broccolini & Pomegranate Salad
This salad is so easy, beautiful, and delicious! This is a real "eat with your eyes" dish.
Serving Size: 6
Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 bunches of Organic Broccolini (can be purchased at your local Whole Foods), if it is not available you can do this with roasted eggplant or cauliflower instead.
1 pomegranate (I seed my pomegranates, I weirdly find it relaxing) but you can purchase just the seeds
Black Sesame Seeds
1. Fill a medium size pot about half way with water, turn the stove on high heat and boil the water. Have a bowl filled with ice water ready on the side for blanching your vegetables. **Blanching the broccolini (or any vegetable) simply means adding your broccolini to the boiling and letting it cook for 1-2 minutes, and then removing from the water straight into ice water to stop the cooking process and keep the brocollini bright green)
2. Once at at a rolling boil, add your brocollini and blanch.
3. Lay the blanched brocollini on a flat platter and dress with tahini dressing *see below for homemade recipe*
4. Top with black sesame & pomegranate seeds
You're all done!!
Ideas for serving: Serve with Mediterranean style fish, chicken, or with a spread of mezze dishes.
Homemade Tahini Dressing
2 Cups Tahini Paste
Juice from 2 lemons
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2 cups of water
1. Blend together in a food processor or high speed blender. Texture should be smooth and creamy, add 1 tbs of water at a time if it is too thick.